Saturday, September 19, 2009

Today we went to Waterloo to get Alex's glasses adjusted from when I got her new frames when I was still in Indiana and she was not with me to. They have a store here. We also tried to locate the Assembly of God church that her children's pastor told me about before leaving.(He is from Iowa as well and will be at church camp out here next summer) We ate lunch at Carlos and it wasn't the same. I miss my Carlos family. Before leaving today we called Mrs. Hoffman (Alex's first grade teacher) and she said she was going to give us a few more days then email mom for info. and we called the one friend Alex had in school but Jordan wasn't home nor her mom Gina. So we left msg on answering machine.

I fell asleep this afternoon after getting home. I woke up around 5pm and Sarah was on voicemail saying if I wanted I could help Don that they were done relaxing for their anniversary. So I worked 3 hours with him. I plan to go after church to help again since there is a lot of work to be done by next week and it is suppose to rain Monday and Tuesday.

I bought two books today at the Christian bookstore. One Jennifer recommended and that one is Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson and the second one I saw next to it and sounds like I need it and that one is Victory over the darkness by same author. Bondage one is about overcoming negative thoughts, irrational feelings, and habitual sins. The other one is realizing the power of your identity in Christ.

I failed my commitment for bible study. I am trying not to go out and eat at restuarants for the duration of the study and I have failed. I am going to try again not to. I am not going to let this set back discourage me from trying to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Gina said that you called and left a message. She seemed excited to hear from you. I'm going to lunch with her on Friday.

    ReplyDelete