Monday, September 14, 2009

Sure way to a Happy day

Happiness is something we create in our mind, it is not something you search for and so seldom find. It's just waking up and beginning the day by counting our blessings and kneeling to pray. It's giving up thoughts that breed discontent and accepting what comes as a gift heaven-sent. It's giving up wishing for things we have not and making the best of whatever we've got. It's knowing that life is determined for us and pursuing our tasks without fret, fume. or fuss. For it is by completing what God gives us to do that we find real contentment and happiness, too. (Helen Steiner Rice)

Whatever you do in word or deed do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father through Him. Colossians 3:17

I am trying to keep my commitment to Christ. I am trying to get motivated. I am trying to do my homework. I need to do it. I want to do it. I just need to do it. I need to stop being a procrastinator and just do it. Bible study is a week away and I haven't started the homework. Pray for me. I need a answer key or someone preaching to me as I take notes. I don't like doing this on my own, what if I misinterpret or read it wrong?

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you...your phrase "I am trying" sticks out to me, because I do that often...try on my own. I can usually stick it out for a little while, but always end up quitting and at the end of myself.

    You don't need the answer key :) (there isn't one;) You have the Holy Spirit leading and guiding you, and even if something ends up getting misinterpreted or read wrong, truth will come out of it...it always does. Don't be so hard on yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete