Monday, June 15, 2009

The Weekend of helping

My little dancer has grown into a godly woman!!

Good Evening, This weekend was busy. Between helping make pasta and getting ready for a graduation party to helping out work on Sunday to tearing down the graduation party. I stayed and helped tear down the tables and chairs and did the dishes for my friend Janet Sunday night. Afterwards, there were some of their friends that were talking with one another still there. It was a great time of fellowship. It ended up that they have been praying for me since February. We were talking about core friendships and I said yes, Janet is one of mine. Someone who you can call day or night and they will be there. I said matter of fact the Friday my husband died my mom had her called to be with me and she even followed me at 11pm to my parents up north. Shocking me, they said so you are the one who needed our prayers that night. I didn't realize that Janet had her small group over for dinner that Friday night. I asked her as she was walking me to the car after everyone else had left, why did you leave your company for me? Why didn't you tell me you had company? She said, the lasanga just got out of the oven when she got the phone call. She said that she cares so much for my family and this was a time that she really needed to come for me. She doesn't know this but I cried all the way home. Tears of joy. She and her family have always been there for me when I am going through crisis. In eigth grade I lived with them for awhile while I was dealing with issues of competing with Jennifer and dealing with emotions I didn't know I had with others. She was there in fall of 2000 when I couldn't find the church God was calling me to, so she suggested First Assembly of God. It is now my church home. She was there a year and half ago when I needed a friend to talk to about my marriage. She even helped explain the illnesses that Chris was battling. God is amazing how he uses others to help others and brings friendships together not having us realize at the time how we will help each other. She understood how Chris felt and helped my marriage by helping me see his view. These people were so easy to talk to and they even asked if I was at church to hear the message but I was at work, so I will see if it is on the website to listen to it. It is about questioning God, why didn't He heal this person like He did others? and so on. (according to these friends of Janets)

I can't believe Katie(graduate) is so grown up now. I still see her as a little dancing princess at age 2-6 twirlling in her living room. Here is another one of her pictures of her grown. This one is Alex's favorite.
Tonight I had dinner with my mother, who I cherish as well. She has been there for me as well. We had a nice time. I am looking forward to her company Saturday as I drive Alex to Peru, IL to meet Sarah half way to get my daughter for camp. I have counseling tomorrow and we will probably talk about what has been going on with his side. But I am choosing to not hang on to it. I am releasing it tomorrow and moving on to live life.

I am animalless. I ended up getting rid of Casper (chris' favorite cat) My adoptive g'pa that his vein got involved with the cats tooth got infected and went to er. Plus he hasn't been behaving. He would go #2 in litter box but #1 on the old living room carpet and did it right in front of me Sunday morning. So Alex and I took him Sunday afternoon to the shelter. I felt bad for her because it was the link left that she had that she had in common with her dad. She also said I could get rid of her hamster this Friday but, this morning I woke up to feed it and he had climbed on his wheel and water bottle and ate his way out of his cage. I am making it clear to Sue this Thursday no more pets/animals. Now I am saving up for a new carpet for living room since it soaked in all the way because it started after Chris' death. Someone told me cats retaliate when change of routine or upset about something.

I pray for healing of sickness tonight, Anthony, Aunt Arlona, Barbara, and any others I don't know of. I pray for guidance and peace this week. I pray for Alex on issues my parents and I are frustrated with. I pray for Anthony's behavior and anger issues. I pray for jobs to those who need them and for those who need more hours. I thank God for all He has answered and will be answering. I praise God for healing of relationships and for His plan for each one of us. I thank God for our core friendship groups. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. We continue to pray for all. I am looking for a nice place to meet for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that your mom is able to go with you on Saturday. I will be praying that you will have a great time together. I want to pray for your counseling tomorrow night. I thought it was on Thursday nights. The cat wet on the carpet while we were there after the ballgame too. He also attacked Dodie and Kenneth. I can understand why you got rid of him. I am praying for Alex as I know she loved him. I am thankful for your friend,Janet too.

    ReplyDelete