Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Today was very good but a little stressed as well. This morning I had counseling. To clarify for those who are confused. I have counseling every other Tuesday morning with a counselor Chris was seeing and also is with our church. Every other Thursday night is a support group for Alex to be able to grieve positively (not a counseling facility). I then listened to my voicemail and tried to call the animal shelter back from yesterday but they didn't answer. I then went and got my tooth checked out because after my upper respiratory infection it hurt just doing stairs but the day after I called to get an appointment the pain went away but still decided to go see if there was something. They did an x-ray (and at the end didn't charge me for it) and it showed nothing. Dentist thought it might have been from the sinus pressure. Thank God. I then later try the animal shelter again and they sent out an officer to make sure I didn't have the cat. I then had to go identify the cat for them even though they had the paper work from Sunday. The shelter is making it bigger than what it is. They will probably put Casper down because they said even though he didn't bite the tooth made an open abrasion so it is considered a bite. Work went well. We have inventory July 13th and my section that I was assigned to get ready on Friday is half way done. Today went by fast. My counselor said I am doing well. She also feels like I do and still have contact with Chris' side at holidays. She said Chris distant himself from them and so should I. (maybe he wasn't so un-smart about this) :) Actually, he was smart about almost everything. We did talk about everything that went on these past 3 weeks and she was for the most part proud of me and what I did to confront, set boundaries, and make my decisions for me and Alex. She was not happy about me calling Chris' cousin and not telling her that mom was listening or on the other line but was glad of what I said but I don't need to defend myself of what I am doing to the reason why I didn't call her back in the time frame she wanted. I just need to say I was busy. Otherwise, she is getting the info she wants to have control. My counselor even said that this person has even called her to talk about Alex and I but since there is no release form my counselor didn't talk about it and when Sue kept leaving messages and becoming a bother she called her back to tell her she is not releasing things to her and if she wants to talk about her life to make an appointment. Sue hasn't called since. My counselor took this as Sue having the control and trying to control how I raise Alex. I knew Sue called once about how I discipline Alex(that it is not enough) because counselor told me that when I brought up about being a positive enforcer. But I didn't know that she kept calling and leaving messages for counselor about other things. So we are happy with holidays for now. I release Chris' side to God and pray that His will will be done and that He will bring someone (not me or my family) to minister to them. I am HAPPY!!! This is the day the Lord has made and I am rejoicing and being glad in it. I was also okay with Alex not wanting to talk to me much. I know when she is intent in something it is hi and bye. I pray though that she gets outside and plays instead of sitting in front of tv or computer all day. When I called today she was at the computer and Anthony was outside playing.

My prayer is that God will give me the strength I need to get through Thursday and Friday. I pray that He will also help motivate those who want to lose weight and help us to become healthy. I pray for those who need jobs (Bart) and needs more hours (Ken). I thank Sarah for getting the schedule and where to meet worked out for us. I praise God for all He has done and that He is helping me grow closer to Him. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the clarification about counseling and grief support group. I will pray concerning Sue and her relationship to you and Alex. Loving you and praying for you. Aunt Arlona

    ReplyDelete