Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

I am writing tonight to tell you about a few fathers. But real quick I would like to thank God for a safe trip to Peru,IL taking Alex halfway to Iowa for church camp. I ask as God lays it on your heart to pray for the girls at camp that they will see and hear God and to hide it in their hearts and live their faith out. I was disappointed because when I got home tonight the cards I had in my mail to be mailed today was still there and no new mail. Oh, well I guess they will get them all at once.

My first father I am going to tell you about is my dad.
Follower of Christ
Accountable
Thoughtful
Helpful
Exceptional wood worker
Real

Thank you dad for all the work and love and support you have given over the years. Many times I have taken you for granted and I am sorry. I have not given you the thanks many times that you deserve. So from the bottom of my heart thank you and I love you.

The next one is my husband and Alex's dad.
Fun
Awesome and Adorable
Thankful
Happy
Energetic
Realistic
Handsome
Unique
Saw me for me
Believer in Christ
Applied himself in everything he did
Nice family man
Designer

Chris you were a great dad, you provided love and care for our daughter. You loved us for who we were. You leaned on us when you were not strong for the longest time when it was hard for you to do. We love you and commend you for your fight. We miss you. You are irreplaceable. You taught us to live positive and enjoy life up to the last couple of months. I am sorry for the heartaches but thank you for forgiving me as our Savior forgives us. You are now able to celebrate Father's day with the greatest Father we know, our Heavenly Father.

I saved the best for last. The third father is my Heavenly Father.
Helps in time of need
Exalted
Accredited Counselor
Vibrant
Elegant in All He does
Never keeps record of wrongs
Loving
Yours Truly

Faithful
All knowing
Teacher
Holy
Exuberant
Righteous

God, I know I fail you all the time and I am sorry. I am sorry I haven't been very thankful as I should be.You are the one who should be given the praise but we often forget to praise you for what you have done. Help me to do better to give you the praise you deserve. You are there to carry me when I am weak. You healed our marriage and the addiction of my husband. You do so much for me and then when I didn't see or understand why I had a storm I blamed you and was angry with you. I am sorry. I look back and I see your mighty hand in a lot of areas of Chris',Alex's and my life. I am very grateful to you and am rejoicing in you. You are never failing even though sometimes it feels like it. Your Word says Plans to prosper and not to harm you. I believe your Word and your Promise. Keep Alex and I in your hands and keep providing and have patience for us. I love you. Please keep my family including extended family in your hands, especially if it is healing, providing, helping, or loving that they need. Please be with Alex as this is her first father's day without her dad. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. So glad for the light in the midst of darkness. You can return to this post when you don't "feel" the truths you listed.

    ReplyDelete