Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Don! Happy Father's Day Chris!


Good Evening, Today was great. Alex got dropped off at 7am and Sue came over to watch her at 8am. We all left around 9am for them errands and me work. Sue got shorts at walmart for Alex and addressed post cards for her. We had our memorial dinner tonight at Chris' and his dad's favorite rib joint. Every year since 2003 we get together on Chris' dad's birthday to send up balloons in memory of him. This year we included Chris. We sent up balloons with laminated cards on them as we always do. This year the cards said in memory of our Native Americans Donald E. Strack and Chris J. Strack and on back they put love from: and the appropriate address label (whoever the balloon was from). Dinner went well. Sue won't tell me how much we owe her for shorts and even shirts. (I didn't ask for shirts) They even wouldn't let me pay for Alex's and my meal. It's like they are trying to buy us. We spent 2 hours at the rib joint. They took Alex home with them and I came home and mowed my backyard and was ready to mow the front and my neighbor's when he came out and said he would do the front yard and his Friday or Saturday. I said I feel bad that he does it but he said he likes to and it takes 2 minutes. He said I am busy as it is and don't need to worry about mowing. We are meeting Sue and Nelson again in July for ribs on July 17th when he turns 65. They want to know what I am doing for Alex but I don't know if we will or not. She is going to have her celebration in Iowa with the other June/July cousin kids. Tonight was not as bad as I thought it would be. Today was stress free and comforting. Thank you all for your prayers. I praise God for His comforting and calming hand. I didn't want to do this but it worked out. I thought of Chris and cried inside the whole time I ate ribs and his garlic bread he likes. I even made the comment "where is Chris to eat my white lettuce." I don't like the white part only the green part. I love how God worked in me today. He has not failed me yet. Sometimes I feel He has but when you look back He hasn't. Praise God for His unconditional love and forgiveness.

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice time! Don is that way about lettuce too. Funny!

    ReplyDelete