Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tonight my dad made a special trip to Fort Wayne so Alex could go to the last night of Erins House before summer break. Tonight, we wrote to our loved one and sent it up on a balloon. The instructors there said this is the first time in 6 years they have had bad weather for this event. It was bittersweet. I told Chris that God was taking care of us, I miss and love him and he is forever mine. I told him of Alex's good grades and to smile and I am glad he is no longer in pain and help me with his family. I can't believe it is one week away until Alex is gone to Iowa for a week and a half. I had a mom from my group ask me afterwards, coming home to no one isn't that hard. I said yes, I usually just lay in my room as soon as I get home til the next morning when I have to get ready for work. I think of Alex and wish it was different but, God will use this time for good. Maybe to learn she isn't the only person, or she can't do things whenever she wants, or even how to share attention.

I am grateful to mom that she was able to help Alex grieve last night. Alex went upstairs crying and Anthony told grandma that Alex went up crying because she wanted to watch a movie that she used to watch with her dad. God gave grandma the strength to watch it with her. I felt bad I wasn't there for her. She is taking it well though that I have to work. I even have to give up time with her on Sunday to work because no one else could. I can't complain because it is more hours. The last 2 weeks I had only 27 hours and this week will be 40 now that I picked up Sunday.

I hope you have a great weekend. May God bless each one of you according to His will.

2 comments:

  1. Please do not just go to bed when you get home from work. There are so many things to do and you need to get exercise, fresh air and your mind on other things. Calling Alex and visiting with her will help both of you. Could you have devotions over the phone together? Walk with Jennifer or a friend or even alone. Life is still good and spending all of your time either in bed or at work is not really living. Spend some time doing your Bible study even if it is only watching the DVD. Are there ministries at church that you can be involved in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there are times you feel to tired to live. I have been there before too, just not for the same reasons. Just make sure, even in your times of stillness, you focus your thoughts rather than letting the void fillup. Even when you are too tired to fight other battles, fighting the battle of your mind will help you conquer in other areas.

    ReplyDelete