Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What God did today!

Good Evening, I thank God for today. He spoke to me through devotions and had me realize several things. The first is from 1 Peter 5:10 The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong. Secondly, Psalm 139:9-10 If I rise on the wings of dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Thirdly, Psalm 34:19 A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all. Fourth, The disciples not only grieved the primary loss of Jesus but also secondary losses as well. The primary loss was the face to face day to day relationship with their Messiah. The secondary losses were a friend, teacher, companion. Jesus knew this would be hard for them and Jesus said in John 14:1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God trust in me also. Even though His death was God's plan it still caused complex grief for all who loved Him. Jesus was resurrected but their relationship with Him still changed forever.

Tonight after I got off work I listened to my voicemail. I got a call from one of my friends saying that my Burger King boss/friend had lost her fight to brain cancer and she died last night. She had 3 little ones and so I am grieving their loss right now.

I thank God for a great day at work and that Alex is doing better. I thank my cousin Paul for making the sight easier to get to for family. I am not too great on computer to even know how to do that. I also want to thank my sister for help of getting me started on my blog.

My prayer for today is that God will be with the families who have lost loved ones. Also, that He will continue to show me who I am in Him. I pray for healing of friends and family who are fighting illnesses, cancer, disease, lonliness and depression. I thank you Jesus for your continued love and comfort. Thank you for saving us. Help us to do better tomorrow and to shine your love to others. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. to make your blogspot easier for people to get to send it as http//www.lhstrack.blogspot.com
    You are doing well. I will pray for the family of your friend that died too. Good night. I love you. Aunt Arlona

    ReplyDelete