Thursday, October 1, 2009

What a Great way to celebrate my 100th blog

Today I worked on three cakes for Delphia's birthday. She will be seven in 20 minutes. I got 2 cakes done before going to work and the third done after. They turned out ok not to my liking of what I wanted but I did my best for the time I had to make her day special. We are always more critical of our own things than what others are of us.Delphia's favorite color is pink so there is a lot of pink. I chose to do a princess crown because she is God's princess and I just found out today that Don calls her princess #2.

On Friday night I asked three of the McCallum children what their favorite Bible verse was and Delphia's was John 3:16. I was doing well on this cake until the tip fell off the frosting bag when writing the verse. I repaired it and it is a humble experience because it goes to show that we are not perfect.

When Delphia found out that I was going to be making her cakes a couple days ago she asked for an Aurora cake and Sarah and I told her probably not since I didn't have a pan or time. So when I went to get cake boards and supplies I came across a small Aurora doll and was going to do a heart shape but for some reason chose round. Wish I would've went with heart but oh well. I hope no one(Alex) told her so she will be surprised. For those who don't know Aurora is aka Sleeping Beauty.


So Delphia, in 5 minutes you will be 7 and I want to be the first to congratulate you on one more year of loving Jesus. My prayer for you is that as you grow older you will see how God has worked in and through you and that you will put your trust in Him forever. I love you and hope you have a special day. Remember you are always God's little princess and your dad's little girl.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks I just need to believe what people are saying that I do a great job instead of doubting. Having hard day with it being 8 months.

    ReplyDelete