Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What God has called us to do to get refocused

This was Alex on Sunday night after a long day of church and unpacking. I got her bed cleared off around 10:30pm and as soon as she laid down she was out. I love her and she has been great through all of this. She is still loving school.
Good Afternoon, today is my last day to get organized before having to go to work again. This past month has been great. The move went smoothly and better than what I expected. I have been praying to God for guidance and also I have mostly decluttered my life so I can focus on Alex and God. Today God spoke to me through something I read and it is In quietness and trust shall be your strength. Let it be our care to walk uprightly and then let us trust God to give us everything that is good for us. I have Woman's Bible study tonight. Praying God will speak to me there.

WOW!!! Who would have imagined going from this big house to a very small house. And that it would only take 5 towncar loads and 2 truck/trailer loads. Hard to believe after giving away so much stuff to friends and family. Oh, can't forget the donation to goodwill and to the trash. Our home now is very cozy but Alex and I need cozy right now. I hope to set an example for her to have quiet time with God more than rushing through the reading to just have it done to quality time. As the improvements come I will post comparisons of rooms on my blog.

I am leaving you with a picture of a godly man who I couldn't have done this move so smoothly without. He amazed me on how much stuff he could get in the trailer both times. He even sacrificed time away from family, work, and his housing project to help Alex and I out. I also want to thank my dad and brothers as well for their help. I didn't have a camera then to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment