Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day at new location

Today went well. I found out that Iowa is very different from Indiana.

Indiana / Iowa
1. workflow chart 1. no workflow just teamwork
2. need id for controls 2. no id for controls not even C-2's
3. pharmacist takes md calls 3. senior techs can take md calls
4. scan and file scripts (alpha) 4. scan/sticker/file scripts(numeric)
5. pharmacy puts truck away 5. manager does truck
6. can wear dressy capris 6. has to be long dress pants

The people I work with are great but I miss the family atmosphere that I had at Fort Wayne. I work 2 minutes away from Sarah's mom and was nice to see her today. She stopped in to say hi and to invite me for lunch for my first day. She made pizza on onion flavored bagels. YUM!!

I didn't have caffeine til 5:30pm when I got off. I had 64 ounces of water prior. Sarah then had yummy lasanga made for supper before church tonight. I am thankful for her support with Alex and being a good friend in Christ. Each day I learn more about their family. Maybe I need to just be a gypsie and move to each family area to get to know who they are and how they live. :) I know, Don, once is enough.

Well, gotta go tuck my little one in so I pray that you will have a blessed night.

3 comments:

  1. It is so good to see your posts. Nice picture of Alex. I am glad that you are both enjoying Iowa. Christy is a very nice lady. Did you know that today is Gary's birthday? Same day as mine, but not the same year. Love, Aunt Arlona

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to hear how well you guys are doing! My sister Trish said she was really happy to see you at Bible study.
    Praying for you as you continue to transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did know you shared the birthday. Trish is a great lady. I almost want to call her Wendi all the time, it is like looking into a mirror.

    ReplyDelete