Thursday, August 13, 2009

It is almost midnight. I had counseling today and she was overwhelmed (good way) by all the at peace and joy words I had. She then told me that the wait a year thing was text book and she believes this is where God is directing me now and He has opened the doors. She would stop me if it was to go live near a guy that I met on internet or something or to run away from life. I told her I have declutter my life to be a mom that I have always wanted to be to Alex. She didn't even know who she was talking to. She had forgotten this person. I told her it is because I have been in Iowa and also separated myself from people and things the enemy tries to get me down with. I am surrounding myself with good healthy people. She grew up half an hour north of Des Moines. One of my favorite guest speakers from First Assembly died Monday night of cancer. Mom even liked what he had to say. Nancy told me this tonight. I am going to miss her but I will call her and email. She loved how I stood up for myself on the phone to Sue that mom listened in on the other week. She was saying go girl about me telling Sue how I make the decisions not others because I am Alex's mother. Counseling and reading the boundaries book has really helped. Nancy gave me another title to read that is by the same author as boundaries called saved people, I think, it's written on paper out in the car. I have to read it before taking my ring off and dating. She also said I will know when it is time to take off my ring because it will be a feeling beyond understanding.
I will see her Sunday because I forgot to take her the gifts I am giving her. (sit down to read next thing) the gifts are 3 Mickey mugs because she loves mickey as well and she drinks coffee. I did keep some for myself. I am also giving her a mickey snowglobe because she helped Chris and I with our marriage of communicating with one another after becoming sober two winters ago.

You know what is funny, I am missing Iowa right now but at the same time missing here as well. Can I be split in two so I can be two places at once? I better go to bed. I got a long day ahead. I am not tired yet but will try to get there.
I got my pantry packed, games and puzzles, hutch items packed, mickey as well. I just a few dishes still and my clothes then I believe I am done.
As far as renting a truck it is very costly. It will be cheaper doing several trips.

I have to turn in my internet connection tomorrow(Friday) so unless I write in the morning I won't be on for a short time. I will try to use other sources to write on blogs but no guarantees. I love all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to having you all settled. I know I am overwhelmed with all this, I keep praying for you as you process it all.

    ReplyDelete