Thursday, July 9, 2009

Today went well. Jennifer and I have not been to Chili's so we used the last of my gift cards tonight to try them out. We agreed it was not the best food. The service was great but the food could use some work. Tomorrow is homecoming for Alex. I will see her long enough to say hi and do laundry then off to grandma's on Sunday afternoon for the week. I thank my parents for watching Alex this summer even though they took on Anthony this summer for atleast the next 9 years. I know it is a struggle having one and then more having both. I appreciate them and the love they pour into them.

I do not like to read but a dear friend of mine (also a family member) gave me the book Boundaries. I have 2 chapters read and looking forward to more reading in it. It has helped me come to peace on some areas and also see how I am dealing with things that are unhealthy. I thank her for thinking of me and helping me out in this area. You know who you are, thank you.

I called Sue tonight to invite her and husband to dinner with Alex and I for Alex's birthday and she sounded really sad that it wasn't going to be a big party for her. I don't need that stress right now and we celebrated in Iowa. Sue kept coming up with different days and scenarios to try to get both sides together. I kept saying why my side can't. She finally agreed to meeting us tomorrow. So pray for me. It took a lot to stand firm.

I am praying for safety for those who are traveling to celebrate with Don tomorrow and I pray all who are there will enjoy the fellowship together. I am there in thoughts. I had to have my vacation put in in January so I didn't know that I was a week early. Have a great time. May God bless all of you. Please eat some pork for me!! Oh, Alex too!

I thank God for my job. I think my job is secure for now because my pharmacy manager said that our store was up 9% from last year this time. Also, we are about the only store who hasn't had their hours cut. We are actually doing better than the 24 hour stores. Thank you God. Please show me your will and let me know what I am looking and listening for because I have always rushed in to my wants and desires and I don't want to anymore. I thank you for all you have shown Alex and I and all you have done for our family. I can not thank you enough. I love you so much.

1 comment:

  1. Chili's best is chicken fajiatas and chips and salsa. Although they weren't as good as I remember the last time we were there.

    ReplyDelete