Sunday, October 4, 2009

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (if only we could learn to leave them there)

Wow, what a day! I had a hard time getting out of bed. I woke up with my alarm and Alex took shower and it took all I had to get out of bed which ended up being the time Sunday School started. We managed to get there when class actually started after singing. On way out the door my daughter said to me you look sick. Boy I wanted to go back to bed after that. We spent the afternoon watching movies or sleeping. Alex made ramen noodles for dinner. I made out a chore list for her. I am starting to be a parent again. She asked what do I get if I do this? I said you aren't doing this for reward, it is because you are apart of this family and having responsibility is a good thing. The reward is honoring God because you are obeying my request.

Alex asked Pastor Epley about Baptism today. I still don't think she understands it. She believes it is apart of salvation and it is not. Only God can save you nothing else does. So be praying that God will show me how to explain it or have her understand it. She has been wanting to get baptized for sometime now and I even went round in circles with the school pastor about it for 3 years now.

I so far have had 2 responses on the letter I sent out a week ago. Bart called with tears of missing us and mom wasn't sure what I needed so I clarified. Sue and Nelson won't answer their phones so I think they took it wrong as normal. Jennifer has been gone on vacation so she doesn't know about it. Sonny and Cathy and Ken haven't responded. So I have no idea what they think but they don't call or I don't call them much anyways.

Got a text today asking how far away from Quad City or Davenport are you. I said quite a ways so then he asked how far from Parkersburg or Grundy Center because I am looking at a map. I guess him and a buddy are riding bikes to Davenport and want to stop and say hi. I really hope they don't come. I thought Sue and Nelson would come find me not this person.

God, I surrender all to you. You have this journey and chapter of my life all planned. I am trusting in You and only You. I thank you for your love and support. I thank you for Your faithfulness and peace You have given Alex and I. Help me to get out of that Babylonian lifestyle again. I didn't realize of living in that lifestyle for 11 years how much it affected our relationship. I crave for that closeness again. I hunger for Your affection and words of love and guidance and comfort. I thank You for standing by me waiting for me to catch up again. Help me to keep my eyes focused on You (the finsh line).

1 comment: