Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good Evening, I don't know where to begin. God has surely blessed me this week. I was able to pick up overtime on Tuesday and could've Wed and today but I have the McCallum children while Sarah is away. Pray for you travel and time there and that she will be able to be an encouragement to those family members. Got a card in the mail that was encouraging today and it reads "One who loves deeply will weep deeply. The tears we shed are tears of loneliness that say, I love you and I miss you." "May you feel the comfort of God's arms around you and be strengthened by the love and prayers of family and friends." So thank you so much for those words.

Wednesday at church I had my feelings hurt but instead of holding it in and dwelling on it God gave me the strength to go to that person and talk it out. It was not meant to hurt and I figured that but that just shows how much growth I have had that I was able to go to this person and get it settled then and there. Love God and He is worthy of all my praises (a book that is never ending)

About a month ago the Indiana electric company over took from my Fort Wayne account which I paid the bill with 2 checks. I wrote one to make the Fort Wayne bank to zero and then wrote another to pay rest of bill from this account here. They electronically submitted it so I can't see check image but I called because I got an over draft charge. I had to fax the statement that shows it was their check that made it over in order to investigate. I just recieved 2 checks in mail from them, one for $34 for overdraft and the other for amount of the bill that I just paid that caused this. No letter with it so I think they are making up for their mistake. I almost didn't call because it is only 34 dollars but that is almost a tank of gas.

I made some ladies smile and laugh today to start their day off right. I went this morning to get my license and plates and try to make it to work by 10:15am and the branch I had to go to didn't open til 9am and it was about 20 minutes from where I live. I got it done and they were amazed how organized I was and had more than what I needed except for title transfer they needed original and not copies of death certificate and executor of estate so they said to mail them to them and they will send back so I will do that. But what made them laugh was on my way out I said I am finally official and I am a Hawkeye now whoo whoo!!! One lady said Indiana sure loves long numbers. (license and titles she said) Went to work and showed everyone my license and even on my first fifteen minute break went and put the plate on. I say plate because my blue towncar has no front place for front one. Here in Iowa it is law to have front and back plates. So I have to see what I can do to get the other on. I don't know about white car because it is in garage and I didn't get home til after 9pm and the girls had to get to bed for school.

Don was working in yard tonight when I got there at 7:15 and so I went in and fixed mac/cheese for the kids and I and Don ran into town for something he needed to get for tomorrow so that is why so late. He is making progress but still a lot of work and no time left. Don will have the kids tomorrow while I am at work. Then at 9:45pm I will pick up Marlene and Alex. All the other kids are taken care of til Monday.

So there you have it. I am doing very well and so is Alex. I am amazed. I put in a request for Dec. 30th through Jan 3rd off but don't know if I will get it or not. The 31st of Dec is my Anniversary (7th) This past August was 10 years Chris and I were together. So I feel like I need it off to just be by myself and talk to Chris and God. Alex can visit family and maybe we can celebrate Christmas then.

1 comment: