Sunday, July 19, 2009

This is a continuation of today. I went to my parents and helped with beans. Alex found out she likes them raw. I only like them after being canned. There was 3 buckets full before it rained and probably 3 more to still pick. I got there around 3and left around 7:30. During snapping them the grandparents and grandchildren had a family meeting. The communication was great and no one got upset and they worked as a team on their agenda. It was nice to just sit there and listen to them. Bart was a big help helping pick the beans. Alex kept saying when will we be done and how long have we been doing this. I said all summer and just think what I had to do when I was your age when the garden was bigger.

Today was a victory, because after the crying came the peace and joy for the rest of the day. I had to drive in a bad storm home but I got home safely. For the past month I have been cleaning out the basement of boxes, on Sundays since trash is Mondays, of things Chris packed down there so no one knew he was a pack rat. (organized though :) ) I was so happy and relieved tonight because since his death I have been searching for 2 items, my card I sent him early for Valentines day that he recieved the day we got our pictures and he said he needed it, and Alex's letter he wrote when she was born that he asked for in Nov or Dec and didn't put back in her baby book. Tonight I found the most important one and that was her letter. I found it in a box that seemed to be trash on top from when he was cleaning down there after the remodel. I also found the original book that Alex made her dad of their adventures together. For the memorial we put another one together (mom had kept it on her computer) since we couldn't find it. It was packed with other books from when we boxed things up so we could remodel.

So thank you God for your love and helping me today. I pray for tomorrow morning as I have Sue before work. I pray for the Woolever clan as well that their meeting will go well.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you to get a good night of rest and that God will guide your tongue and your thoughts and emotions as you deal with Sue tomorrow. I pray for you God's best. Have a wonderful night and a great tomorrow. Love, Aunt Arlona

    ReplyDelete