Monday, July 20, 2009

Letter to Alex from Her Dad!




Ms. Alexandra Strack,
Wow, you have just been born, about 5 hours now.

I wish I could put into words the way I feel. Watching you enter the world... 6 pounds 14 ounces 19 1/2 inches yelling, looking, kicking... There was 3 nurses weighing and making sure you had everything you were supposed to have. You did! and as I watched I was filled with pride, love and maybe a job well done!

Your Mother was fantastic.

She and I had many discussions on how the labor of you was to be done, But.. with alot of love and patience it all worked out (even better than I thought)!

There is soo much I'm afraid of. It's mostly about you and your life. I want all the best for you. I want you (you is underlined) to know all the love (love is underlined) that surrounds you, today and always.

There is soo much to teach and learn. (on both parts).

I guess, the most important thing to know is... I love you! Your mother loves you.


So here is the only advice I can give to you.

Take the best things in life and make them part of you, There will always be bad and hurt, learn from it, but it will (will is underlined) go away, keep the love.

I don't know if you will ever read this?

The time is 6:45pm July 1,2000

You are 4 hours and 43 minutes old.

You are already perfect...

O.K. no ones perfect.

You are the next best thing.

Love, POP.
then his signature


When I found this last night and read it again for the second time (first was when she was born) I cried because there is hurt and bad mostly and he tells her to stay strong and it will go away. His death was hurtful and bad but we are making it apart of our life and the pain is going away and we are focusing on the love like it said.
I only added the pictures. The () was his unless I described how a word was.

Thank you God for not having Chris throw it away like I thought he did. I love you Chris for not throwing it away.

2 comments:

  1. How very precious!!! I am so glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did your day go today? I have been praying for you. Glad you found the letter for Alex.

    ReplyDelete