Sunday, May 17, 2009

This is my story!!!

Good Afternoon, Please take the time to read this, it may be long but I am leaving it up to God. Afterwards and maybe throughout I will post a picture from mother's day that Jennifer(sister) got me from Alex.

This is my story... I was born on March 4th to loving parents and siblings that put the Lord first. I later then found the love of the Lord when I was in third grade at a concert of Al Denson "Will You Be the One" that he came to the church that was two blocks away from my house. I then later grew in my faith as a teenager when I was going to Auburn Alliance Church and the Sunday School leaders helped guide me to my spiritual maturity along with what I was recieving at home. I also met Jim and Janet Welch, that took me under their wing and was discipling me and others. Janet and I became prayer partners and friends that got me through middle and high school. After school I fell off the path that God had so perfect for me. I started smoking and hanging out with the wrong people and even turned against my family. I did quit smoking with the help of prayers from family within a year. Then several years have gone by and I could've gotten diseases and pregnant but after a year of rebelling against God and family and myself again, I was pregnant. I felt so ashamed and distant from the one person who really loved me no matter what, God. I called Janet after visiting several churches that shunned me for wedlock and she invited me to First Assembly. That first Sunday that I went, I still remember the pastor crying and saying, "If the church doors can't be a hospital for the sick to come and be healed then why are we here?" Wow, I wept. To this day the church has been a place of healing for me. My relationship with God was healed there and God spoke to me to stay with Chris since God chose him to be the father. God worked in my life and occassionally would bring my husband to His house as well. On Mothers Day 2002 my husband and I dedicated our almost 2 year old to the Lord. She is now almost 9. God healed our marriage in November 2006, after I stumbled off the path God had for me. But it is great that we have such a loving and forgiving God. God used my unconditional and forgiving heart and example along with the Holy Spirit to bring Chris to know the Lord. December of 2007 my husband accepted the Lord, I didn't find out til January of this year from him. A pastor who had been praying with me for him told me and also my mother. Chris passed my mom a note saying you got one of your Christmas wishes, one being his salvation and the other my nephew in a safe home. I knew it was true, my husband quit drinking, he showed more affection to me instead of our daughter, he began reading the Bible and going to church with a willing heart. He told me in January he found God because he wanted what I had. The unconditional love for others and forgiveness towards others wrongful doings etc. The last month of his life he even was down to 1 and 1/2 cigarettes because he wanted to quit. I don't understand why God didn't heal him but God has a perfect plan for each one of us. Just his salvation alone fullfilled many prayers my family and friends have made. God had been working in both lives. I was finding my faith again and it kept rebuilding these past two years as I had been praying for and Chris was just getting to know Jesus with a willing heart. Just after his death, my dad went in the hospital and I just wondered what next Lord are you giving me to handle, I am still handling this first thing. God got me through that, my dad is now fine and just needed time to slow down and to not be so overwhelmed with everything that was going on. Then after that Alex was on Spring break with grandparents and passed out and was rushed in ems to a hospital in Kentucky. I missed 10 hours of overtime which is hardly approved and gas to go down there 6 hours one way. Turned out after ekg and x-rays that it was just an upper viral respiratory infection. But through this, God showed Alex I am still here for her. This was another how much more do you think I can handle and why? I praised God for this event because He showed me it is not all about work and He also showed me He is a God of healing. Now I am just trusting Him to keep providing for us as we keep getting the bills. I have been praising God and trusting God over the past years and especially these past months, because that is the right thing to do. But it is not easy, especially when you are someone who hangs on to anger, frustration, and wrongdoings of your own actions. The last couple of weeks God has used others to show me that it is great that we have such a great God who doesn't hold on to anger, frustration, wrongdoings. He wipes our slates clean when we ask truthfully for forgiveness. I have gone through a lot of storms this year and God is faithful to use others to help us through at the right moment. There has been so many people who God had enriching my life to get me through each week and I thank you. Today, I almost left service because some of the message was how God healed those who had faith, and I am still struggling with that. God help me right now because I want one but I am praising you and that is all I need. Anyways, I stuck it through, and at the end I prayed in my seat, then I went to give a note to the husband of a dear friend/prayer partner since I couldn't find her. He prayed with me and God used Gregg to tell me just go to the alter and let it out. I hesitated because I have been giving it to God and letting God handle things. Quit hanging on to the past, anger, frustration. The enemy is just wanting you to not let it go totally so you are reminded of the pains the humanwill brings. It was nice to talk to a family friend later, after letting it go. She asked about Chris and she was hurt because she didn't know about Chris. She last got our Christmas card that I wrote a letter with it saying things were going well. Her heart cry was why didn't the spirit touch her to know my hurt. We need a revival of the church. If we don't see someone for a week or two call them or write them to let them know they are missed. Anyways, I got home and opened the gift my friend/prayer partner Maylynne gave me(wife of the guy who prayed) and I broke down again as I remember everything God has given me to make my faith stronger and to be a living witness for Him. I love that song, I will remember and also Blessed assurance. The gift was a plaque that said "Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is." So today, at the altar, I totally gave God everthing!! I am also telling my storms and strongholds how BIG my God is!!! Including, when I am needing comforted by smells of Chris I will turn to Him in praise for working in Chris' life instead of turning to earthly smells. God is AWESOME!!! I praise God for what He has done and is going to do. Thank you for using my life to be an example so others will see Your Glory. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment