Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Give me peace like a river


Last night was difficult. A difficult customer had me so upset that I couldn't even get over it til late this afternoon. It was hard for me to get dressed and go to work. I did go to work from 9am to noon then I was sent home for 2 hours so I could work 2-9pm since someone called off. I felt bad because it was another night away from Alex. She was fine and Sue and Alex stopped in to see me. It is funny, when Chris was alive all I wanted to do is work so I didn't feel like I was leeching, now I just want to be home for Alex. We didn't have Bible study tonight because Jennifer is sick and mom just needed to be home since she will be gone this weekend and will have both grandkids on Sunday. I picked up a shift on Sunday for a lady who is getting married tomorrow. I have such a great little girl, on Monday she played outside and then called me to see what she did with her chalk. She wrote I love (drew a heart) MOM. I look at it everyday and smile. She was so proud of it and I felt so overwhelmed with joy because you could tell it came from the heart.

I think this is the verse I need to learn that is keeping me going this week. 2 Peter 1:3 "As you know him better, he will give you...everything you need for living a truly good life; he even shares his own glory and his own goodness with us!" One of Jesus' specialities is to make somebodies out of nobodies.

Tonight was better than last as far as work. I even got to leave at 8:30 since we died down. My pharmacy manager said I could go early so I can put Alex to bed. He said I helped out him so he wouldn't ask me to do projects til 9 to pass the time away. God put me in a store with great people to work with, very understanding and team oriented.

It is only 2 days til I get to see family in Michigan. I can't wait. It seems like it has been a year. I think it has because I didn't make it to the reunion and the last time I was up there was for Uncle Curtis' wedding. It was so beautiful and Chris and I enjoyed it and even held hands through it. Chris even loved their house. He talked about it for almost an hour home and then throughout the week occassionally.

I pray tonight for my family who needs healing. I pray for those who need work that God will supply all their needs for them. I pray for forgiveness of my attitude and anger I held on to too long. I thank God for His faithfulness and love. I give all my concerns and cares to you. For you have me in your hands and I am surrendering to your ways. I thank you for who you are and what you are doing. I thank you for caring and providing for Alex and I and I pray that you will continue to guide and direct us. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you can see everyone this weekend!!! Is there something special planned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post, LouAnn. I am looking forward to being with you too. Love, Aunt Arlona

    ReplyDelete