Monday, February 22, 2010

This past weekend was a great weekend. I helped my cousin with throwing a 80th birthday party for his dad and we had 79 people and 1 dog there. He made a ham dinner and the entertainment was well too. Alex had a great time with cousins from Illnois swimming at the motel and we all had laughs in the room. It was a great time visiting with family I usually see once a year and there was times this weekend where a few of us at a time went out and we got to talk. Sarah helped drive a portion back due to me getting a bad headache. We had bad roads due to snow the last 50 miles of Illnois and through Cedar Rapids. I handled it well. I still have ice/snow covering my front plate and grill of car that I can't get off with hand or foot.

Work was slow today. I love working here and thankful for the support I have here at work. I also can't believe that Iowa is growing on me. I was so ready to be back home here last night. I can't believe I am planning ahead. I am not one to plan ahead, more like a procrastinator. I talked to my parents and Alex will be spending week there for spring break. I hope to celebrate the March birthdays one of the two weekends I will be in Indiana.

I am thankful that some relationships are working out better. I am also thankful that I am taking advice and putting it into practice as well. I don't think I talked about Chris today but I have talked to him today. Looking forward to Thursday, I am spending time with Alex and going to do what she wants to and then next week one day it is my turn to pick. Pray for me as I do not like to play nintendo or play board games with her but this is good for me to practice patience and to bond with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment